generate.com is a website owned and operated by Generate, LLC (“Generate”, “we”, “our” or “us”).
The Site links to other sites. Once you enter another website (whether through an advertisement, service, or content link), be aware that Generate is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to look for and review the privacy statements of each and every website you visit through a link or advertisement on generate.com.
While you may use much of the Site without registration, some of the specific tools and services on our Site may require registration. If you use our Site without registering, the only information we collect will be non-Personally Identifiable Information through the use of features like cookies and web beacons as described in “Non-Personally Identifiable Information We Collect About You” below. If you choose to register with our Site, we require you to submit Personally Identifiable Information, as described in “Identifiable Information We Collect About You” below. “Personally Identifiable Information” means information that identifies a person, such as the person’s full name, home address, email address, telephone number, credit card information or any other information that would allow someone to identify or contact you.
Information We Collect About You
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Even if you do not register with the Site, we collect non-Personally Identifiable Information about your use of our Site, special promotions and newsletters.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Every computer is assigned a different cookie by our Site. The information collected by cookies (i) helps us dynamically generate advertising and content on web pages or in newsletters, (ii) allows us to statistically monitor how many people are using our Site (iii) how many people open our emails, and (iv) for what purposes these actions are being taken. We may use cookie information to target certain advertisements to your browser or determine the popularity of certain content or advertisements. Cookies are also used to facilitate a user’s log-in, as navigation aides and as session timers.
Your browser software can be set to reject all cookies. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. If you reject our cookies, certain functions and conveniences of our Site may not work properly but you do not have to accept our cookies in order to productively use our Site. We do not link non-Personally Identifiable Information from cookies to Personally Identifiable Information without your permission.
Tracking Pixels/Web Beacons
Some pages of the Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related Site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity).
Personally Identifiable Information
Newsletters and Emails to You
At registration and at various times as you use the Site, you will be given the option of receiving recurring informational newsletters via email from Generate. At the time you sign up for our email newsletters or any time thereafter, you can choose to opt-out of receiving additional promotional emails from the Site.
In order to subscribe to such newsletters via email, we need your contact information, such as name and email address. You can unsubscribe from the newsletters by simply clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email newsletter. You will be taken to a webpage where you can choose to update your subscription settings or unsubscribe from all Site emails. If you are experiencing difficulties with our automated unsubscribe service, you can email Generate at firstname.lastname@example.org. Generate will unsubscribe you from that newsletter in two to three business days.
Emails You Send to Generate
Children Under the Age of 13
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- To process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may opt out by contacting us at the appropriate email address listed at the end of this policy, or through other methods identified in this policy. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your Personally Identifiable and Non-Personally Identifiable Information as described below.
Personally Identifiable Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep the information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request. In the event that we are legally compelled to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to a third party, we will attempt to notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In special cases, such as a physical threat to you or others.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
The Site may provide aggregate or non-personally identifiable information to third parties without limitation. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of users of our Site and the activities they conduct while on our Site. We might also inform a company (that may or may not be an advertiser on our Site) that “30% of our users live east of the Mississippi” Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge third parties for this aggregate information. We require parties with whom we share aggregate information to agree that they will not attempt to make this information personally identifiable, such as by combining it with other databases.
How Generate Handles Privacy and Security Internally
We take reasonable measures to protect your Personally Identifiable Information. Listed below are some of the security procedures that our Site uses to protect your privacy:
- Requires both a personal username and a password in order for users to access their Personally Identifiable Information.
- Uses firewalls to protect information held in our servers.
- Utilizes Secure Socket Layer (SSL/TLS) encryption in transmitting Personally Identifiable Information to our servers. In order to take advantage of encryption technology, you must have an Internet browser which supports 128-bit encryption.
- Closely monitors the limited number of Generate employees who have potential access to your Personally Identifiable Information.
- Backs up our systems to protect the integrity of your Personally Identifiable Information.
Despite continued efforts to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the Internet will be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site and we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Managing Your Information
The Site contains tools that collect and store self-reported data. These tools allow you to correct, update or review information you have submitted by going back to the specific tool, logging-in and making the desired changes.
You may delete your Personally Identifiable Information from our systems by instructing us to do so via email to email@example.com. Within a reasonable time after your request, we will delete your Personally Identifiable Information from our active databases and where feasible from our back-up media. You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to the Site from our servers.
We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your submissions and other public information from the Site, copies of that information may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Site users.
Entire Agreement, Additional Terms, Waiver, and Severability
Your California Privacy Rights
We comply with the California Online Privacy Protection Act of 2003, California Business and Professional Code 22575 – 22579. If you are a California resident, we will, upon your written request, provide you with: (a) the names and addresses of all third parties to which we have disclosed your Personally Identifiable Information during the preceding year for direct marketing purposes (if any); (b) the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and (c) if the nature of the third party direct marketer’s business cannot be reasonably determined by the third party’s name, examples of the products or services marketed. In order to obtain this information, please contact us using either of the methods described below. We do not respond to Do Not Track browser signals.
12333 Sowden Rd
Ste. B. #79931
Houston, TX 77080-2059